06 January 2006

Another Glutton for Punishment Enters OH-2

Conservative Democrat Jeff Sinnard has officially announed his entry into the OH-2 primary.

A few lines from his statement:

"It is time to take back our country from the special interests and lobbyists. It is time to end politics as usual and restore faith in our government. We need much more than new faces. We need dramatically different ways of doing the peoples’ business."

"U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis said, 'A little sunlight is the best disinfectant.'"


I take these lines to be references to Congressional corruption, and I think it's good that Sinnard included them. I can't vote in OH-2, but if I could, I would look for a candidate who acknowledges the severity of the problem and prioritizes lobbying reform and campaign finance reform.

No comments: