16 January 2007

Look Out... It's a Meme!

For those 2 or 3 of you who still check this blog, I thank you for even though I'm on LPF (low post frequency) for the time being. And if you're looking for a nugget of wisdom... well, then I apologize. 'Cause it ain't happening with this post.

1. Name a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies: The only books I remember actually giving to multiple people are Diane Ackerman's A Natural History of the Senses and The Onion: Year in Review.

2. Name a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music: In high school I believed that true rock music had heavy guitars and heavy drums, and the suckiness of music was proportional to how much synthesizer was in it. Led Zeppelin was the greatest band ever and Duran Duran was the worst. I expanded my horizons in college mostly because of REM, Talking Heads, and U2.

3. Name a film you can watch again and again without fatigue: The Empire Strikes Back.

4. Name a performer for whom you suspend all disbelief: Edward G. Robinson.

5. Name a work of art you'd like to live with: Something by Edward Hopper. And Heironymous Bosch for the kids' room.

6. Name a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life: The Bible.

7. Name a punchline that always makes you laugh: You had to be there, but my college gal and I laughed hysterically for 15 minutes at this from Clerks:

(upset boyfriend): "37 blowjobs! My girlfriend gave 37 blowjobs!"
(stranger in store): "In a row?"

No comments: