17 January 2007

Agents of Satan Slap Jesus in Face with Science

Guns don't kill people; PhDs kill people.

In the present study, we describe the formation of synchronously contracting engineered human cardiac tissue derived from human embryonic stem cells containing endothelial vessel networks.

Translation: we used embryonic stem cells to make beating heart tissue. Furthermore, the tissue forms blood vessels which means it has good potential for use to replace damaged heart tissue (like after a heart attack).

I'd call it a step forward, but I'm sure the voices in Pat Robertson's head say different.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I secretly, or not so secretly, hope Pat Roberston has massive heart failure and ends up with a baboon heart since he's so against scientific advancement.

I think that stem cells are the answer to even more health problems that we can imagine.

I remember the first time about 10 years ago that I learned people could store cord blood after giving birth. I was and still am shocked at how few people do this. If only science had the PR and Marketing budget that Apple does. People often hear the reaction to scientific research and advancements from people Like Rush Limbaugh or Pat Roberston before they have even heard the news in the first place. It's sad.

Wes said...

I secretly, or not so secretly, hope Pat Roberston has massive heart failure

See, here's your problem. In order to have massive heart failure, one must first have a heart.

This is the same reason I don't for one second believe Dick Cheney has actually had multiple heart attacks.

WF

Wes said...

I secretly, or not so secretly, hope Pat Roberston has massive heart failure

See, here's your problem. In order to have massive heart failure, one must first have a heart.

This is the same reason I don't for one second believe Dick Cheney has actually had multiple heart attacks.

WF