23 August 2007

Astronomers Discover Foreign Policy Metaphor in Outer Space

University of Minnesota astronomers have found an enormous hole in the Universe, nearly a billion light-years across, empty of both normal matter such as stars, galaxies and gas, as well as the mysterious, unseen "dark matter." While earlier studies have shown holes, or voids, in the large-scale structure of the Universe, this new discovery dwarfs them all.

"Not only has no one ever found a void this big, but we never even expected to find one this size," said Lawrence Rudnick of the University of Minnesota...


more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A hole was found in the Universe? Where else would you expect to find it? Isn't everything in the Universe? Tell me when they find something outside the Universe. Now that my friend would be some breaking news.

I wonder where the hole leads to. I suspect this huge hole is just my ex-wife. Fit like a boot.