03 September 2008

What is Campbell Brown Up To?

Sorry, English instructors... I meant to write "To what is Campbell Brown Up?"

Anyway, she must have done something because the number of hits my blog gets as a result of Campbell Brown searches has spiked this week. I presume it has something to do with the RNC.

Campbell Brown is by far the #1 search item that reaches this blog. This is a result of my posts, Campbell Brown Exposed and Campbell Brown Exposed, Pt. II.

Here's what surfers want to know about Campbell Brown; most of these searches have been repeated over and over in various forms over the past 15 months:

campbell brown's husband
campbell brown is she jewish
campbell brown republican
campbell brown sexist
support campbell brown

I don't know what she said, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it was something other than incisive wisdom. She-- like most of her mainstream media talking head colleagues-- is on TV only because she says what her producers tell her to say and looks cute doing it. Once either of those two things ceases to be, her marginal relevance as a news figure will subside into occasional appearances on daytime TV as "special correspondent."

Anyway, if someone out there reaches this post and wants to tell me what she said this time, that would be great.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guess that it's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohkdj1Gw9Ac

It's been all over the lefty blogs.

WestEnder said...

This shorter clip cuts to the chase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrEOoAYloOQ&feature=related


This also supports my theory that anyone named "Tucker" is 73% likelier to be a jackass.

Kate The Great said...

As a former producer - I will say, yes, there are lots of meat puppets out there. There are lots of bimbos and ken dolls for whom I scripted questions in interviews, etc. But Campbell strikes me as a journalist who's a little bit more vested in her topic. The fact that she has some passion in this interview - well, that can't be scripted.

Believe me, I've tried!

Thanks for the link - I was having a conversation w someone about this and have been dying to see it!