09 March 2006

Le Survey du Jour

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18 and find line 4

The nearest book was The Onion’s Ad Nauseam, their 2000 collection of fake news. But there really wasn’t a line 4 on page 18. So I reached for the next nearest book, which was Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. It’s a sci-fi story my sister told me I should read. So far, she’s right. And line 4 on page 18 says:

“It could be an anal exam.”


2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, what do you find?

My Fisher Scientific laboratory timer.


3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

CSI:NY


4. Without looking, guess what time it is.

11:35

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?

11:40


6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

I am listening to local public radio WVXU, which plays ambient music at night. The music now is a dreamy composition with something that sounds lute-like. I think it’s a mandolin, maybe a bouzouki. It’s hard to tell because it doesn’t sound like bluegrass or Greek.


7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?

Took out the trash a little while ago.


8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?

I think it was the OH-2 blog.


9. What are you wearing?

English Leather.


10. Did you dream last night?

It’s possible.


11. When did you last laugh?

I remember laughing today about something, but I can’t remember what or when. But it happened.


12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?

Teal (?) paint and some of my photographs. I take great photographs. Or at least I used to. I haven’t done it in a while. I’ve got lots of landscape and nature shots from my trips to Pennsylvania, New York, New England, Colorado and New Mexico. I was a hiking and photography freak in the 90s, so I’d take off on road trips whenever I could and just spend time in the mountains. Everyday I’d get up early and hike up a trail around sunrise so I could get the beautiful early morning shots. Then I’d do the same thing on a different trial in the evening. I froze my ass off a lot because I’d take most of these trips in the off-season, when lodging was cheaper.


13. Seen anything weird lately?

Yes. It was probably you.


14. What do you think of this quiz?

Eh.


15. What is the last film you saw?

Buttman’s Adventures in Outer Mongolia.


16. If you turned into a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?

I’d buy some land and build a state-of-the-art energy-efficient house. I might get some chickens, too.


17. Tell me something about you that I don’t know.

I have excellent hand-eye coordination. I've always been good at sports and it's always been easy for me to pick up anything involving a ball. But as a result I was lazy and didn't practice hard enough unless I was pushed.


18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do?

Convince the world it’s time to evolve beyond religion.


19. Do you like to Dance?

Nope.


20. George Bush.

Brain damage.


21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?

Well, I like the name Sophie. And Mo'Nique.

22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what would you call him?

I don’t know. Whatever the wife wants.


23. Would you ever consider living abroad?

Yes, absolutely. Shanghai would be awesome. Toronto or Vancouver, too.


24. What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?

Now you will understand everything.


25. 4 people who must also do this theme in their journal.

I think this has gone far enough.

No comments: